Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The giving acorn

To help celebrate Thanksgiving this month, I thought that it would be fun to create a new tradition with my family. I decided to make a table decor project that my family could use to help share what they are thankful for.

The giving acorn:


The project is a paper acorn stuffed with leaves. Each family member takes a leaf and writes down what they are thankful for. Then we take turns reading them during dinner.

To create the acorn, I found a photo of an acorn on the internet, printed it out, and used it to make a template.

I cut two acorns out of pattern paper and glued the edges the sides and bottom together. I kept the embellishments simple, by just inking the edges and adding a swirl pattern that I fussy cut out of pattern paper, and buttons. I used my Slice to cut out different sized (and shaped) leaves.

Here is a photo of the acorn with the leaves:



I used papers from
Donna Salazar's antiquities collection
and buttons from the Sweet Surrender collection.
I hope that this project inspires you to create a new tradition with your family.

2 comments:

  1. Saw this over on GCD and LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE it!! Just AMAZING! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is a lovely idea to celebrate all that is good in your lives

    Am hosting a little chipboard give away on my blog space to celebrate the holidays

    ReplyDelete