Monday, October 17, 2011

Mad about hats

In the month of October there are many photo opportunities to take pictures of the kids in Halloween costumes, pumpkins and fall decor.

I decided to draw my inspiration from this photo this month:


These colors are so vibrant and fun. Once I saw these colors, I knew that I had the perfect photos to go with them.

I had these photos of my daughter in her "Mad Hatter" Halloween costume last year. Her costume was so bright and cheery that I wanted to use bright colors to accentuate the photos instead of traditional Halloween colors. The papers from the Fun house and Youthful Eggsubarance collections matched pefectly.

Mad Hatter layout:


Here is a detail shot:

I handcut the target symbol then used a star punch to dress it up. I added chipboard flags and twine from the fun house collection. I decided to do a fun journaling spot clustered with tickets to carry the "fun house theme"




To complete this project I used papers and embellishments from the Funhouse collection, and the youthful eggsubarance collection.


I hope this layout inspires you to scrap those Halloween photos using non- traditional colors.

1 comment:

  1. Love love love love love this! I loveeeeeeee the photos, the bullseye and loveeeeeeeeee the stars!:):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete