Monday, December 19, 2011

Ruby rock-it Christmas traditions projects

Hi everyone, earlier this month we shared our favorite family Christmas traditions on the Ruby rock-it blog. My family's favorite Christmas tradition each year is driving up to Apple Hill to cut down our family Christmas tree. You can view my original post with all of the pictures from our trip here. After we shared our favorite traditions the design team was challenged to create 3 projects that were inspired by our tradition.

For my first project this month I created a layout using the Paper Boy collection. I took these photos of my son while we were celebrating our tradition of picking out our Christmas tree at Apple hill. They have a fishing pond there that is the perfect backdrop for photos.

and a close up

For my second tradition themed project this month, I made a Christmas card using the Bella wedding line.

Celebrate card:

I liked their embossed double sided paper so much that I chose to use both sides. The backside (white) and the gold side (front). The Bella wedding line works great for Christmas themed projects.

And for my last project, I created a card. The border strip is from the Paper Doll line and it reminded me of Christmas candy. I also thought of the cherry (from the Paper Doll tokens paper) and the sweetie pie sticker (confetti stickers). They reminded me of all the yummy sweets and pies that we buy up at Apple hill. They have pre-made pies that you can buy there and then bring home and pop in your oven. Our favorites are cherry and apple.



Thanks for allowing me to share my Ruby Rock-it Christmas traditions projects with you this month. Please stop by the Ruby rock-it blog tomorrow to see how team member Becky Olsen shares her Christmas tradition projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment