Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Inspiration day!


Hi everyone,
Happy Tuesday (and election day)! Did you vote already? My husband and I decided to vote by mail this year, so we sent ours in last week.
I am up on the Bella Blvd blog today and have a fun layout to share with you!

This week we were given an inspiration photo and asked to create a layout based on the theme of the photo.
Our inspiration photo was this picture: (The Thankful Tree)
and here is my layout based on the theme photo....

So Many of My Smiles Begin With You layout:

I wanted to create a bright and cheerful layout about love using the brand new Kiss Me collection, but did not have a good photo of my husband and I on hand so I decided to make my layout about the love between siblings instead. It is rare that I am able to capture a good photo of my two children together, and even more rare to find them actually admitting that they like each other. But deep down, (between you and me)
they really adore each other.


I started my layout by cutting a large tree out of white cardstock using my Silhouette Cameo. I used my Slice to cut hearts, flowers and leaves out of the Flutter and True Love papers. To add dimension, I slightly creased my shapes before adhering them to the tree. I added some pink flower buttons and some cute banner stickers with twine,
and finished off my layout by adding stickers from the Alpha+Bits and Just Write Sticker Sheets.


supplies:
Kiss Me Collection: Bouquet Kisses, Borders, Cute Cuts, True Love, Flutter
Cardstock Stickers: Alpha+Bits, Just Write
Button Market: Pink Flowers




5 comments:

  1. I love your take on the inspiration piece, Gina! That tree is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great take on the inspiration peice!! Love your take!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful layout, LOVE your take on the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is an adorable tree idea!!!

    ReplyDelete