Thursday, January 17, 2013

Hugs & Kisses

Good Morning Friends,

Thanks for visiting today. It has been so cold here in Northern California. I have spent all week bundled up - trying to get warm. Whenever it is cold out, I can find my two dogs Kona, and Lilo snuggled together. They are so affectionate with one another and are always together.

I made this layout about the two of them snuggled together. They are so cute! I can't stand it.


title: Hugs and kisses

Look for me soon in Create:Vintage Modern Idea book July 2013

I used a file (Ampersand) that I cut with my silhouette as a mask, I placed it on my paper, misted around it and then hand stitched with embroidery floss around it. The stitching took a long time to finish, but I did it while I was watching a movie with the kids.

I mostly stuck to neutrals on this layout, but added little pops of color in my buttons.

I added the hand stitched word "hugs" to a canvas tag.



supplies:
pattern paper: mustache love, borders - Kiss Me collection (Bella Blvd.)
buttons: button market: wood mix (Bella Blvd.)
designer tape: pony dot, blue gingham (Bella Blvd.)
stickers: brown-cream high five alphas (Bella Blvd.)
canvas tag: Maya Road
spray mist; Mister Huey's (Studio Calico)
doily,twine: craft supply
embroidery floss: DMD
kraft paper: My Mind's Eye
tag: Staples
kraft pocket: recollections
adhesive: ATG (Scotch)
die cutting machine: Silhouette Cameo (QuicKutz)
dies: ampersand (Kolette Hall)


3 comments:

  1. Super cute(pics of your doggies) and love the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl! I have done stitching like that by hand, and that is patience! This is stunning...just LOVE the neutral color and the photos and everything still pops! And those little sweeties are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, they are so cute snuggled up together! Love the neutrals on here and the great stitched tag (and the whole banner)!

    ReplyDelete