Monday, August 12, 2013

Monday Morning Challenge: Focus on the square

Hi there!  I hope your Monday is off to a great start.  I just dropped my son off for his first day of school.  I am excited for him and a little sad that this will be his last year in elementary school (6th grade).  It sure goes fast.

I have a fun layout to share with you today.  I am taking part in the Monday Morning challenge over on the Bella Blvd blog today.  Our challenge was to focus on squares, whether it be square elements, square photos, or square embellishments or a combination of them all.

Here is what I made for the challenge:

Hello Beach Layout














The new Snapshots collection by Bella Blvd was perfect for my recent photos that I took of the kids at Santa Cruz beach. When I first started this assignment, I laid out several small Instagram photos spread all over my page. This layout took on several changes and I ultimately decided to go for a cleaner look with 1 large focal point photo and a two smaller Instagram photos.  For a fun look I added text to my photos before printing them and added a cardstock polaroid die-cut from the Snapshots collection to my large photo.






 Supplies: 
Snapshots: Daily Details, Pajama Day, Free Time, Hurry Up, Rise & Shine, Tabs, Paper Pieces; Daily Chevies: Gulf Arrows, Pickle Juice Arrows; Feathers: Bell Pepper, Ice; Button Market: Fruit Punch, Masculine Mix







6 comments:

  1. I saw this on the Bella blog and was totally wowed by it, Gina. I love all of the squares, especially how you used the frame on the focal photo. Awesome page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, super fun and love all the squares and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome! I adore the colours in this LO!! Beautiful..x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page Gina!! Love the repeated use of the squares and those Bella feathers are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you added the text to your photos! The feathers are such a fun accent too! Great page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. VERY fun playful and colorful layout!

    ReplyDelete