Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Happy Happy Happy

I'm back today to share two more of my layouts, I created for my 5 Things guest post at Shimelle.com!



Happy


Hand cut letters are all the rage and are becoming a big trend within the scrapbook community. I decided to create my own hand cut letters and used them as a graphic design element on my page. To create my hand cut letters I first hand drew the word happy onto black cardstock paper with a pencil, and then cut it out. Since I decided to repeat the word “happy” three times to create my title, I just retraced them two more times and then cut them out by hand. This technique creates a fun handmade look.




Oh My


Hand stitching is one of my favorite techniques. Sometimes I use templates, sometimes I create my own. To create my title on this page I first started by cutting out the word “Oh” using my Silhouette. I then used the negative (leftover piece of paper from the cut) as a stencil to create my stitched word. With a needle, I poked holes around the word and then stitched it up using black embroidery thread. I also, added the die cut word “my” and some letter stickers to finish off my title.






I will be back next week to share my final two layouts made for the Shimelle blog! Thanks for looking!








3 comments:

  1. These are so awesome Gina! I love the hand cut letters and the stitching on your second layout is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous...love the hand cut letters!

    ReplyDelete