Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Scrapbook Circle | Holiday Quilt

Hi everyone!  I have another layout on the Scrapbook Circle blog today to share with you, that I  made this month using the December 'We are Made of Stories' Kit.  I was inspired by the papers in the December kit, to create my background.  I absolutely love the Elle's Studio Holiday quilt paper!  I knew right away when I saw it, that I wanted to use it to create my background.  



To create my background,  I simply cut around four small diamond shapes to create a larger diamond shape.  I then, cut other papers from the kit the same size to match and then laid them down on white cardstock to create my background.  I love that the large diamond shapes grouped together looks like a holiday quilt.  I had a fun photo of my daughter with her friends ice-skating on a recent trip to Tahoe.  I trimmed my photo the same size as the other diamond shapes to help blend in to the background.

  
Next, I used a sewing machine to stitch a few of the pieces and embellishments in place.  I used embellishments from the kit and added a few embellishments from the December Favorite Elf Add-on.


I hope you enjoyed my layout today!





2 comments:

  1. This layout is stunning Gina! I love the way you used the diamond patterned from the Elle's paper!

    ReplyDelete