Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Shimelle 5 Things with Titles


I was so excited to be asked to share a 5 Things post on the Shimelle blog last week!  My post was about how to create 5 Things with different types of titles.  When I saw the Shimelle collection I was instantly taken with the bold shades of pink, turquoise, and orange. I love color, and gladly embrace it any chance that I get!  I couldn’t wait to dive into the glittery rub-ons, die-cuts with gold foil and embossed images, wood veneer, layered stickers and printed cork pieces.  I also fell in love right away with the two packs of Thickers letter stickers, included in the collection. I couldn’t wait to get the collection in my hot little hands and create with it. And, even though I love Thickers (I do, I really do!) and hoard them any chance I get, I couldn’t wait to create my own custom titles. Which brings me to my post – five ideas for scrapbooking with creative titles.

Shine

Creating a sequin title is easy and creates a big impact on a project. The idea to create a sequin title came to me while I was at the craft supply store looking at ribbons and I saw sequins sold by the roll. Because they are already stitched together they are easy to manipulate, position and use. To create my sequin title I first cut the word “shine” with my silhouette and then used the negative piece as a stencil. I used liquid glue to adhere the word down. I found that it was easiest to adhere the word down while the template was still in place, otherwise the word moved to much and fell out of place. To finish, simply cut off the excess from the sequin roll and make sure that the ends are glued down well so that none of the sequins fall off.







I'll be back next week to share some more of my layouts that I created for the Shimelle blog!  Thanks for looking!






1 comment: