Monday, February 2, 2015

American Crafts | Winter

It's winter week on the American Crafts blog!  I hope all of my friends on the East coast are staying warm and dry right now!

I wanted to document these recent photos that we took on a trip to Lake Tahoe last Winter.  
I kept the embellishments at a minimum to focus on the photos and the overall graphic 
design of the layout.



Supplies: Dear Lizzy (369206) - Serendipity 6x6 Paper Pad, Dear Lizzy (369188) - Sugar Sugar Paper, Dear Lizzy (369208)
- Soar/Woodgrain Print Chipboard Thickers, Dear Lizzy (369215) - Serendipity Enamel Dots, This To That (AM617-13) - Adhesive


How To:  Use a die cutting machine to cut triangles from different pieces of pattern paper.  Use a printer to print 5 small photos and trim them into a diamond design.  Piece together your background on a scrap piece of cardstock using repositionable adhesive (in case you need to re-align any of the pieces).  Trace around a large bowl or use a die cutting machine to trim your design into a large circle.  Adhere design to background patterned paper.  Spell out title "Winter" using thickers.  Finish by embellishing with enamel dots.




I hope you enjoyed my winter layout!  Thanks for looking!






4 comments:

  1. Beautiful design Gina!! I love the little pop from the enamel dots!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite layouts! I keep coming back to it, and have now decided to do a CASE, well at least on the design!

    ReplyDelete