Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Pink Paislee | Memory Keeping

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of http://canoncreativegirl.blogspot.com/.  I do receive financial compensation and material product from Pink Paislee to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.



Hi everyone, I have a new Pink Paislee project to share with you today.  When I think of memory keeping I think of photos.  And it brings me back to why I first started scrapbooking – to document and remember special days and events.  So, with that in mind, I decided to keep my design simple, so that the main focus was the photo.


Recently my daughter and her friend went on a photoshoot.  They are both learning about photography and took turns taking photos.  Her friend is currently taking a  photography and editing class and took several photos for an assignment.  On this day, I let the girls borrow one of my most cherished photo lenses a Canon 85mm, and they took photos at an old train station.  I was so impressed with their talent and the quality of the photos!  I just knew that I had to document it on a page!


Ever since I saw the triangular Memo paper in the Memorandum collection, I just knew that I needed to use it on a layout.  I love triangles and I love color!  So, it is almost like this paper was designed just for me!  I knew that if I was using several pieces from this paper that I wouldn’t need too many other elements or embellishments on the design, or it might overwhelm the page.  So, I kept it simple!


I decided to hand cut around the Memo paper triangles to make several large and small triangles throughout the page.  The simple design of the paper made it easy to cut around.  I also added a handcut piece of journal paper (b side), to help balance out the design.

Collections used: MemorandumCedar Lane



3 comments: